Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My heart took a picture.


On November 10th, 2001, my little one Bradley Kay was born. We had a lot of hope for this little guy, because up until the day I had him, we were told that this one was different then my other two, who were born with Potters Syndrome, a disease where you are unable to develop kidneys, and therefore lungs. On the morning of November 10th my water broke, that alone was different then both Joy and Kyle, but when we got there, they wanted to do one other ultrasound just in case, so that they would be prepared for any problems. So we did the ultrasound and it was then that we learned that everything had deteriorated, so what had been developing was no more. Even then I would not believe that anything was wrong. Soon enough it was time to have him, he of course was beautiful. But right away we all knew that he was not going to make it. I think of all of them often, but some days do hit harder. What a true true blessing McKelle is, I just love her so much! (Wonder if she knew her brothers and sister). Two and half hours after he was born, he took his last breath, and as he was slipping away, my heart took a picture.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm so sorry and heartbroken for your loss.... YOU are amazing. I know that Mckelle knew her siblings and loved them very much.

McCreath's said...

I can't even imagine what that was like for you and I am so sorry they are not here now, but I know they can;t wait to be with you again! They must have been so special to ou heavenly Father for him to call them back so fast! I am so glad you have McKelle! You are a great mom and person and think about what a joyious reuinion you will have with your babies on the other side!!! Hugs Cyn!

Taylors said...

even though I have heard the stories before, I still cried when I read this. I'm pretty sure McKelle knew her brothers and sister, and I'm so glad you have McKelle to love and hold!